Foreseeing opportunities arising from industrialisation in the early 1980s, Mun Hean (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd, was established on 22 May 1981 to gain a first-mover advantage in Malaysia. The company grew from strength to strength to become a market leader in industrial electrical solutions that currently boasts an extensive network covering both East and West Malaysia.
With more than 25 years of experience in the electrical field, Mun Hean (Malaysia) has established itself as the leader in providing solutions for lightning protection, power factor compensation and control for harmonics. Deploying a team of highly qualified personnel, Mun Hean Malaysia regularly conducts seminars and participates in high-profile exhibitions showcasing the company’s core specialisation. These events have been well received by consultants and authorities alike.
Another milestone in the history of Mun Hean was the establishment in 1993 of a joint venture company in Malaysia with Challenge Industrial Co., Ltd of Taiwan to manufacture electrical transformers to be distributed across the region. The manufacturing of low voltage step down transformers for metering and protection usage, in particular, has grown from strength to strength
Notable Project Reference:
- Tenega Nasional Bhd (supply of high voltage capacitors and pole mounted capacitors)
- Jusco (supply of power management solutions)
- Celcom (supply of electrical distribution units)
- Kuala Lumpur International Airport (supply of lightning conductors)
- Putrajaya-Malaysia New Government Centre (lightning protection and switchboard components)
- INTEL (supply of various switchboard components)
- Dataran Merdeka (lightning conductors)
- Johor Premium Outlet (energy management solutions)
- Johor Port (filter capacitors)
- Coca Cola (power quality analysis)